If you are a parent, you know all those amazing emotions & feelings you go through with your first baby or newborn. The excitement, the joy, the love, the fear, and even at times the anxiety. You worry about being the best parent to your baby you can possibly be. We wish the best for our children. So when your child is uncomfortable or you know something is wrong we as parents rush to resolve our baby’s issue. Within a few weeks of having our beautiful daughter, my wife and I realized that she was breaking out with diaper rashes on her skin. Like most new parents, we called our parents, our doctor and of course, we Googled What to do if my baby or newborn has a diaper rash. All three sources came back with the same answer. She was having a negative reaction to some chemical that was having direct contact with her skin. My wife and I stopped wearing perfume and cologne. We even changed our and our daughter’s lotion and laundry detergent. When we still saw no change in our daughter’s skin condition we quickly realized like most skin care product you put on your child, we needed to check out the ingredients in the baby wipes we were using. You go through tons of wipes daily and every time you use one you are applying the ingredients from the wipe to the delicate skin on your baby. I don’t think there is another product used more than baby wipes in those first few years of your child’s life. I knew how important it was to educate myself on how to select the best organic baby wipes available. No worries. We have a list of the top organic baby wipes for 2016 and 2017.
Baby Wipe Ingredients you should look to avoid
What my wife and I discovered early on with our daughter, was that it was best to avoid anything scented. Perfumes and most fragrances in baby wipes among other products mean that there are Phthalate (pronounced “thah-lates”). Phthalates are found in a large number of products. In personal care items such as baby wipes, they’re used to help lubricate other substances, help lotions penetrate and soften the skin, and help fragrances last longer. Many baby wipes on the market also contain suspected carcinogens like phenoxyethanol and preservatives like parabens.
Baby Wipe Ingredients not listed
There are several other chemicals that may be included or are byproducts of the production process for some of the ingredients that go into the baby wipes. Of course, these additional ingredients are not listed on the side of the wipes packaging.
- Polysorbate-20, a common preservative, is often contaminated with carcinogenic 1,4-dioxane.
- 2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1,3-Diol (the preservative in the old Kirkland wipes, although they recently removed it) releases carcinogenic formaldehyde.
- Tocopheryl acetate (synthetic vitamin E that’s used as a skin conditioner) is produced using hydroquinone, a skin toxicant, and potential carcinogen.
Lets recap…Ingredients you should look to keep out of your baby wipes
- Parabens: Sometimes personal care products use parabens as a preservative. Main concern is the effect on hormone function and development.
- Methylisothiazolinone: Also known as ‘MIT’, this is a preservative that is sometimes used in baby wipes, and is also sometimes used in personal care products like shampoos and lotions. It has come under some scrutiny from parents because it’s classified as a sensitizer, which means it could cause contact allergies when touching skin.
- Phthalates: Fragrances sometimes use phthalates. Main concern is their potential for hormone disruption.
- Bronopol: Has been used as a preservative in baby wipes. Bronopol is considered a formaldehyde donor, meaning under certain conditions it can break down to produce formaldehyde and cause contact allergies.
- Dyes: Many personal care products—such as shampoos, lotions, and cosmetics—include dyes to make the product a more attractive color. Most are unnecessary synthetic ingredients.
- Alcohol: Cleaning wipes for the kitchen and bathroom sometimes include alcohol. Alcohol drys the skin and can be irritating on delicate skin.
With all these factors in mind, here are some of the best Organic Baby Wipes:
Last Updated: February 15, 2017
About the Product
- New formula created with even more Natural Plant-Based Ingredients, now with soothing chamomile
- Skin nourishing and gentle enough for faces, hands and bottom places with new stronger and softer material
- Non-allergenic ingredients that are soothing to the most sensitive skin
- Pediatrician and Dermatologist tested
- No: alcohol, parabens, sulfates, phthalates, artificial dyes or fragrances
- New formula includes our exclusive 100% natural NeoNourish Seed Oil Blend to help nurture and support your baby’s skin
Purified Water, Lauryl Glucoside, Glyceryl Oleate Citrate, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil*, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil*, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Vacinnium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Nigella Sativa (Black Cumin) Seed Oil*, Rubus Idaeus (Red Raspberry) Seed Oil, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract*, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract*, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract*, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Citric Acid
*Certified Organic Ingredient
- Only 2 ingredients – 99.9% purified water, 0.1% fruit extract, nothing else
- Suitable from birth
- May help avoid diaper rash or other skin sensitization problems
- Awarded National Eczema Association of America Seal of Acceptance
- Other suitable usage includes: weaning, teething, cleaning of baby’s hands and face, adult’s sensitive skin care as well as elderly skin care
99.9% purified water, 0.1% gra[efruit seed extract
- Same gentle wipe, new packaging!
- Pack of 12, 768 total baby wipes with convenient tape-seal closure on each package.
- Seventh Generation Baby Wipes are safe for Baby, hands and face!
- Fragrance free and 0% alcohol, parabens and phenoxyethanol.
- Strong and thick baby wipes make it easier to clean up all of Baby’s messes.
Wipes are free of alcohol, dyes, synthetic fragrances, parabens and phthalates.
- Advanced baby care for sensitive little bottoms
- Soft & flexible for nook and cranny performance
- Thin, just moist enough wipes allow simple spot cleaning
- A natural choice: free of alcohol, dyes and synthetic fragrances (unscented)
- Non-toxic, hypoallergenic and safe for use on sensitive skin
Water, cetyl hydroxyethylcellulose (plant-derived cleaning agent), glycerin (vegetable oil derived), citric acid (provides stability and pH balance), aloe barbadensis leaf extract, tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E acetate), potassium sorbate and sodium benzoate (food-grade preservatives)
- Hypoallergenic, plant-based formula for sensitive skin
- Nourishes and protects with plant-derived vitamins A, B-Complex and D
- Safe for all skin types, including sensitive skin, rash-prone and eczema
- No: alcohol, chlorine, phthalates, formaldehyde carriers, parabens, phenols, quaternary ammonium compounds, SLS, lanolin, and most common allergens
- Made in the U.S.A.
Baby’s Health Comes First
bloom BABY puts a lot of thought and research into developing products that keep baby skin¾as pure and healthy as possible. That’s why these baby wipes have 100% HydroPure water as a base. The purer the water from the start, the fewer impurities and bacterial organisms that need to be treated. Starting with pure ingredients is the easiest way to keep it pure. It’s that simple.
About the Product
- No added fragrances
- Aloe to soothe skin & vitamin E to support skin hydration
- Pharmaceutical-grade purified water for clean, gentle wipes
- Flip-top packs for easy dispensing and lasting freshness, great for on the go
Free of added fragrances, parabens, dyes, alcohol, phthalates, bronopol, and methylisothiazolinone
- Made from PLANT-DERIVED ingredients and ESSENTIAL OILS
- Gentle on sensitive skin and the Earth • MADE IN THE USA!
- 100% Vegetarian Ingredients
- Each Box Wets up to 1000 Wipes – Just Add Water!
Baby Bits wipes solution is an Earth-friendly alternative to disposable wipes. With JUST one box of Baby Bits, you can make enough solution to wet 1,000 wipes! It’s really easy to use — Dissolve 1 Baby Bit per cup of hot water in a spray bottle or wipes warmer. Spray Baby Bits wipes solution on a clean, dry cloth and wipe. * MADE IN THE USA!
- ULTRA-SOFT & EXTRA-STRONG BAMBOO WIPES: Most wipes are made from polystyrene or other fabric blends and they differ by what ingredients are mixed into them. Aleva Naturals Wipes are made with 100% rayon from bamboo which is cross-guarded to be ultra-soft and extra strong. The rayon from bamboo fibers are naturally anti-bacterial and DO NOT require any bleaching!
- BIODEGRADABLE IN 21 DAYS!: Committed to sustainability, bamboo is one of the world’s fastest renewable natural resources!
- 100% PLANT-BASED NATURAL & CERTIFIED VEGAN: Specially formulated for baby’s sensitive and delicate diaper area, these wipes are enriched with organic aloe vera, chamomile, natural tea tree oil and lavender essential oils to gently cleanse, soothe and leave your baby’s skin feeling soft and silky smooth. Water alone dries out skin and doesn’t effectively clean the diaper area. The unique blend or natural and organic ingredients was formulated by a pharmacist, herbalist and naturopath, each bringing his or her unique perspective to deliver a product that provides therapeutic results and is perfect for all skin types.
- FREE OF HARSH CHEMICALS: No Parabens, No phthalates, No phenoxyethanol, No SLS, No SLES, No chlorine, No dyes etc…
- SUITABLE for diaper area, hands & faces too!
- Pack of six, 72 count packs of 99.2% natural baby wipes (Packaging May Vary)
- Aloe and vitamin E calm, clean and soften delicate skin
- Nonirritating natural baby wipes without chlorine or fragrance
- Pediatrician tested and hypoallergenic cloth-like body wipes
- Handy pack fits into a diaper bag or on the change table
It’s the same care and attention that goes into every Burt’s Bees product, just a little more so because babies deserve it. Their skin is 20-30% thinner than adult skin. And since skin is the largest organ and absorbs what we put on it, we need to take extra-special care of it—for baby and for you.
- Feels like real cloth made from the highest quality material to give it a durable soft texture feel
- All natural we took the care to develop our product from renewable bamboo combined with organic extracts for the most natural product for your baby
- Made from renewable bamboo means we not only care about the quality of product you use on your baby
- Designed for sensitive skin our hypoallergenic product does not include any fragrances, alcohol, paraben, or met to give you the assurance that you are using the best product for your baby’s skin
- Certified organic 100% cotton
- Totally Chlorine Free
- Organic essential oils
- Suitable for Vegans
Natracare award winning organic cotton baby wipes are soft, gentle and effective cleansing wipes suitable for daily use on baby’s sensitive skin. Natracare’s soft, strong 100% cotton baby wipes are infused with the certified organic essential oils of apricot, linden and chamomile as well as natural plant extracts all of which will cleanse and refresh, leaving the skin softened. Because Natracare does not use any animal ingredients nor test on animals, the wipes are suitable for vegans. Biodegradable and compostable
- 100% Pure Unbleached Bamboo
- FORMULATED JUST FOR BABIES: SofiesSecret Extra Thick & Soft Baby Wash Cloths with Natural & Organic Extracts that Nourish your Babies Skin.
- HYPOALLERGENIC & FRAGRANCE FREE: Our Baby Wash Cloths are not Scented with perfume’s or other artificial fragrances; we use natural extracts to scent our cloths. Our Baby Cloths also do not contain any ingredients known to cause allergic reactions & irritation.
- ENRICHED WITH NATURAL & ORGANIC EXTRACTS: SofiesSecret Baby Wash Cloths are infused with organic extracts such as Chamomile, Pot Marigold, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf, Hyacinth Leaf, Green Tea and Vitamin E.
- CRUELTY FREE & VEGAN: SofiesSecret is PETA Approved, Green America Certified and Leaping Bunny Certified. SofiesSecret cares about your wellbeing, the environment and our furry loved ones.
- MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: If you changed your mind about our Baby Wash Cloths, send your unused/unopened Baby Wash Cloths back for a full refund.
Purified Water, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Green Tea Extract, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Glycerin (Vegetable), Decyl Glucoside, Calendula Officinalis Extract, Hyacinthus Orientalis (Hyacinth) Leaf Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Vitamin E, Sodium Citrate
- Certified ORGANIC Aloe Vera Extract!
- Certified Biodegradable and Compostable Cloth made from 100% ORGANIC wood pulp NOT plastic!
- More than 99% of the ingredients are derived from vegetable or plant extracts. Suitable for use by Vegans.
- Hypoallergenic and suitable for children with eczema and sensitive skin.
Multi award winning wipes including the UK’s prestigious Mother & Baby Gold award for Best Baby Wipes. Certified compostable and biodegradable cloth made from 100% wood pulp, NO PLASTIC is used in our cloth. Soothing certified organic Aloe Vera, and more than 99% naturally derived ingredients from renewable vegetable or plant extracts. Hypoallergenic and dermatologically approved, and pH balanced for delicate baby skin. We disclose all ingredients. If you are allergic to any of these ingredients do not use this product. Aqua (purified and deionized water), *Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Aloe Vera leaf juice, moisturizer and cleanser), Betaine (humectant derived from vegetable, to help moisturize the skin), Caprylyl/Capryl Glucoside (derived from vegetable, gentle cleansing agent which also solubilizes the oils), Levulinic Acid (vegetable derived preservative), Sodium Levulinate (vegetable derived preservative), Glycerin (vegetable based preservative carrier), Potassium Sorbate (preservative), Sodium Citrate (pH adjuster derived from sugar beet). Certified Organic Ingredients: Aloe Vera Certified Organic by Mayacert Does NOT contain any of the following potential irritants/toxic ingredients: Phenoxyethanol, Triclosan, Petro Chemicals, Soap, Alcohol, Perfume, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES), Lanolin, Benzoates, Phthalates, Methylisothiazolinone (MIT), Propylene Glycol, Triclosan, Petro Chemicals, Soap, Alcohol, Perfume, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES). Manufactured in the United Kingdom and not tested on animals.
- Huggies Natural Care baby wipes are softer for sensitive skin
- Our simplest formula yet for a gentle clean — 99% water with aloe and vitamin E
- Fragrance Free baby wipes are dermatologically tested and hypoallergenic – MI-free, paraben-free and alcohol-free
- Soft, TripleClean* Layers are thick enough to handle any mess
- Huggies Natural Care Refill Packs have a resealable closure to help keep your baby wipes fresh and moist
Care for your baby’s delicate skin from the very start with Huggies Natural Care Wipes, now softer for sensitive skin. When you use Natural Care Wipes, you can trust that you’re giving your baby a soft, gentle clean each and every time. Our simplest formula yet, Natural Care Wipes are made of 99% water with aloe and vitamin E. The dermatologically tested and hypoallergenic wipes are also fragrance-free, alcohol-free, MI-free and paraben-free, with TripleClean* Layers that are thick enough to handle any mess. Be prepared for every diaper change with Huggies Natural Care Baby Wipes and Huggies Little Snugglers Diapers, designed to help keep baby’s skin clean and healthy. Huggies Natural Care Refill Packs have a resealable closure to help keep your baby wipes fresh and moist.
Unbeatable plant-based all-purpose wipes, now in eight convenient 10-packs from the Honest Company. Use for all of your on-the-go needs! Perfect for your purse, your diaper bag, or a secret emergency stash. Thick, strong, & absorbent – made out of super-soft medical-grade cloth.